Success Story Details - International
- ZENIT ARENA, SAINT PETERSBURG, RUSSIA
GOAL: WORLD CLASS, STATE-OF-THE-ART STADIUM FOR FIFA. FINE PRINT: NO PENALTIES ALLOWED
THE GOAL WAS CLEAR: READYING FOR WORLD'S BIGGEST SPORTING EVENT- FIFA WORLD CUP 2018
The idea was to build a world class stadium for the FIFA confederation cup in St. Petersburg - one that would dazzle the world for its state-of-the-art construction and facilities. With a capacity to hold 68,000 people, nothing but the best would do.
The Challenge :
• Large scale pumping and laying of concrete.
• Various Putzmeister machines were required for the construction of the stadium, ranging from simple to super-mixer truck cranes designed specifically for use at the facility, apart from concrete pumps, stationary concrete pumps, concrete pipeline and distribution boom etc.
We were game for the challenge.
Various Putzmeister machines were required for the construction for the football stadium in St. Petersburg
Work on the supply of concrete mixtures was carried out by Concrete Pump Putzmeister BSF 47-5. 16H with a five-section boom, and folding the circuit RZ.
Available options like the One Side Support and System Ergonic Pump allowed for work in cramped conditions more accurately and efficiently.
"FollowMe" - an exceptional aid for the operator to operate without the use of distributive radio control at the operator end was a plus.
Each modern Putzmeister concrete pump hydraulic system used a closed circuit FFH (direct flow hydraulics). This saved fuel, required less hydraulic oil and reduced its loss.
The complete pump 16H develops an operating pressure up to 85 bar with a maximum capacity of up to 160 cubic meters per hour.
For a more effective delivery of concrete mix, one of the innovative features used was Ergonic® mounted on the concrete pump truck Putzmeister BSF 47-5.
Ergonic® BoomControl® set automatically monitored the working area of the distributive - upper and lower limits, that is very important when applying concrete foundation slabs or volume ceiling.
Concrete pump, equipped with Ergonic® Boom Control system has a large working area, which is necessary for supply of concrete in close proximity to the pump. Ergonic® Boom Control allowed the operator to skilfully manage the concrete truck even with relatively little experience.
All modern equipped EOC systems (Ergonic® OutputControl) - automatically established the optimal engine speed according to the required capacity, optimized the fuel consumption and reduced the noise level.
Using concrete trucks when installing high quality materials drastically reduced operating costs.
In two years of operation Putzmeister concrete pumps transported over 70,000 cubic meters of concrete and only then took a partial replacement of the concrete on the distributive and some standard wear parts.
The company StroyTehServis was the partner as well as the official dealer of the company "Putzmeister-Rus".
For a more effective delivery of concrete mix, the Ergonic® mounted on the concrete pump truck was used.
Concrete Takeaways :
• As it turned out, the monolithic concrete work completed, pumped and laid more than 430 thousand cubic meters of concrete, which in comparison was more than ten times that which was pumped during the construction of skyscrapers Empire State Building. It was also 110 thousand cubic meters more than was required when applying concrete to a height of 606 meters in the UAE in the construction of Burj Khalifa (~ 320 thousand. M3).
• The wide range of technology and complex services in rent, along with the service, warranty and post-warranty maintenance of the equipment helped us score.